Hi guys today we are here with a guide on How To Root Xperia Mini ST15i from Sony. I have been requested for this Sony xperia mini root guide guide many days ago but somehow could not manage to post it before. Xperia Mini St15i Smartphone also known as Successor of ‘Xperia Mini x10′. Some of its mentionable feature are : Sony’s Mobile BRAVIA display engine and Sony Ericsson’s custom four-corner Android UI with Timescape. Running on 2.3 Stock GingerBread. Though xperia mini launched with Gingerbread Firmware but latter on it received ICS Update . So today we will tell you how to root xperia mini st15i.
Root Xperia Mini ST15i is not that easy like all other Sony Phones , there are 4 pre-steps which are need to be completed in order to root this Tiny Beast Xperia Mini. We have discussed all the steps in details , so you will not face any kinds problem while going through it.
You Might Like
- Why To Root A Phone? What are it Advantage & Disadvantages.
- All Sony Smartphone USB Drivers.
- How To Increase Ram.
- Sony Xperia Z Livewallpaper For Xperia Mini
Ok, So let me tell in details, read it carefully:->>
Option 1 > If your Xperia Mini is Running on Gingerbread Firmware then Directly Follow the Step 2 to Root Your Device. No need to perform step 1 or step 3 or 4 or 5. Just Follow the Step 2 & your device will be Rooted.
Option 2 > If your Xperia Mini is Running on 4.0.4 Firmware , then First you have to downgrade your Xperia mini to Gingerbread & then root. So if your Device is Running On 4.0.4 Firmware then Follow all the step carefully from Step 1 To Step 5.
Step 1 : Downgrade To Android 2.3 Gingerbread Firmware
As we said above Xperia Mini can’t be rooted directly in 4.0.4 Firmware , so first you have to Downgrade your device to gingerbread. [ Skip this Step if you are already in Gingerbread firmware ] .
Downgrading Xperia Mini To Gingerbread Firmware :::::>>>>
2) Download the FlashTool , follow the bellow instruction to install it.
- Run the Setup.exe
- Install the Full Flashtool 0.9.9.0 package.
- Apply the latest update (each update is cumulative) Updates will not be functional if full 0.9.9.0 is not installed.
3) Now place the Above Downloaded Gingerbread Firmware in Firmwares Folder & open the FlashTool . (Check Bellow Picture For Help)
4) Click on the Lighting Symbol and Select Flashmode and click OK.
5) Select Appropriate Firmware and Tick mark Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache check box if visible and click OK.
6) Follow the Onscreen Instruction & Click OK.
[ Note : Mini FlashMode:- Press Power Button + Volume down Button and insert the USB cable ]
Successfully Done, you are now Downgraded to Gingerbread Firmware.
Step 2 : Root The Gingerbread Firmware :-
1) Goto Setting>Application>Development>Enable USB Debugging.
2) Goto Setting > Security > Enable the Unknown Source
3) Download the Xperia Rooting Tool For Gingerbread.
4) Extract the zip file. Connect your device to the computer, and run the “runme.bat” file.
5 ) Press any Key to Start the Rooting Process. (Follow the On-screen Instruction To Complete it)
6) When rooting will get completed, device will reboot, and you should see application called SuperUser in your phone App drawer.
Important Read It Out
Now you have successfully rooted your Xperia Mini Running on Gingerbread Firmware. So if you want to stay with GB then the process end here for you. But if you want to back with Rooted 4.0.4 Firmware then follow the bellow process.
Step 3 : Preparing To Root The 4.0.4 Firmware (Rom)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device(Setting>Application>Development>Enable USB Debugging.)
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Download the XperiaRootRev3
- Extract it somewhere on Pc.
- Go Inside the Xperia-ROOT folder and run “01-local-prop” file.
- Press Enter Key & follow the onscreen Instruction to complete the process.
Now Don’t do anything on device & proceed to the bellow step
Step 4 : Flashing 4.0.4 Firmware (ROM)
1) Download the Stock ICS 4.0.4 firmware For Xperia Mini ST15i
2) Now place the 4.0.4 Firmware in Firmwares Folder & open the FlashTool
3) Click on the Lighting Symbol and Select Flashmode and click OK.
4) Now here comes the twist, Choose the 4.0.4 Firmware & only Tick the Wipe Cache option in Flashing Tool. (don’t tick the Wipe Data)
5) Click On Ok Button
Done , You Have Successfully Flashed The 4.0.4 Firmware
Now time To Root this 4.0.4 Firmware ::::>>>
Last Step to Root Xperia Mini St15i
Step 5 : LRooting the 4.0.4 Firmware (Final Step)
1) In Step 3 you have Downloaded a file name Xperia-ROOT.rev3 & extracted it
2) So Go Inside the Xperia-ROOT folder & this time Run the “02-push-root-files”
3) Connect the Device To Computer & press Enter Key.
4) Now Wait Patiently, Device will reboot, you will have SuperUser installed in the 4.0.4 ROm.
That’s it, if you followed all the steps carefully then your doing rooting xperia mini st15i. If this guide helped you then please share it with your friend, also let me know if you found any problem while following this guide. Thanks for reading How to root xperia mini st15i.